About a month ago I started having a Smoothie for breakfast . I find them extremely filling, while still being a healthier choice, instead of other breakfast options. Since the switch, I have noticed that some of my clothes are just a little looser, as I seem to be improving my overall health, and It does help that they taste great too.
Smoothie bowls have become very popular for a good reason, they’re a perfect way to add fresh fruits, super-foods and protein to your diet. Simply adding a smoothie bowl to your morning routine gives you a great start to your day, and they’re not just for breakfast, they can also be enjoyed anytime you need a refreshing, filling and healthy meal or a satisfying dessert.
Whether your smoothie bowl is packed with fruit, leafy greens or nuts, or has a base of coffee or tea, you’ll be sure to find a recipe perfectly suited for you in this collection of 200 refreshing choices. Each recipe features suggested topping options for added color, texture and crunch, taking your meal to a whole new level.
Smoothie Bowl Recipes Include:
- Frosty French Toast
- Kiwi Kale Bowl
- Pumpkin Ginger Bowl
- Antioxidant Smoothie Bowl
With over 200 easy to prepare recipes, this book is perfect for people who want quick healthy meals, that are full of nutritional value.
Price: $27.95 CAN $24.95 US
Upside-Down Apple Pie
Apples are the star in this recipe. This is apple pie turned upside down in a smoothie bowl creation. Use a Gala or Fuji apple for the sweetest apple taste.
Serving Size: 1
Ground cinnamon Sliced peach Granola Crushed graham crackers Spiced pecans Caramel Sauce
- 1 apple "peeled and cut into wedges"
- ¼ cup of apple juice
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup of milk
- 1 cup frozen yogurt
- 4 graham crackers
- 4 ice cubes
- In a large skillet, combine apple and apple juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sugar and cinnamon; simmer, stirring gently, for 3 minutes or until apples are softened. Drain and let cool completely.
- In blender, combine milk, frozen yogurt, cooked apples, graham crackers and ice. Secure lid and blend (from low to high if using a variable-speed blender) until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and top with any of the suggested toppings, as desired.
Courtesy of 200 Best Smoothie Bowl Recipes by Alison Lewis © 2016 www.robertrose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission.
See larger image