Disclosure: I received an Air Fryer book sample to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
In a effort to maintain a healthy lifestyle, I am thankful to the invention of the home air fryer, which relies on hot air rather than hot oil to “fry” foods. You don’t need to wait for weekend splurges or special occasions to savor this simple delight. You can enjoy fried foods anytime, with a fraction of the fat and calories and none of the messy cleanup left in the wake of traditional oil-fried foods.
5 Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes Book
All of the recipes in this fabulous book require no more than five ingredients (excluding salt, pepper, water and cooking spray), and most can be fully prepared in just 15 to 20 minutes.
Each recipe is unique, designed exclusively for the air fryer and downright delectable. The results are every bit as irresistible as higher-fat options, perhaps even more so.
Whether you are a novice or a well-seasoned air-fry cook, you will find recipe after recipe that delivers impressive results, time and again.
Almost Effortless Donuts Recipe
A quick spell in the air fryer, a dip in melted butter and a tumble in sugar produces puffy, home-style donuts everyone will fawn over. Variations are as easy as adding an icing or a hint of spice to the sugar.
Makes 8 donuts and 8 donut holes
1-inch (2.5 cm) biscuit or cookie cutter
1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
1⁄4 cup butter, melted
1 can (17.3 oz/490 g) refrigerated large dinner biscuits
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F (180°C)
- Place sugar in a small, shallow dish.
- Place butter in another small, shallow dish.
- Remove dough from packaging and separate into biscuits. Flatten each biscuit slightly with your palm. Using the biscuit cutter, cut out circles from the centers of the dough. Place donuts and holes on a piece of parchment paper, keeping them separate.
- Working with one donut at a time, dip in butter, coating all sides, then dredge in sugar, gently shaking off excess. Place 2 to 3 donuts in air fryer basket, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) space in between.
- Air-fry for 9 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for at least 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining donuts.
- Dip and dredge the donut holes in butter and sugar. Place in basket, leaving space in between. Air-fry for 3 to 6 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack and let cool for at least 3 minutes. Discard any excess sugar and melted butter.
Courtesy of 5-Ingredient Air Fryer Recipes by Camiila Saulsbury © 2017 Available where books are sold.
Air Fryer Recipe Book Giveaway
Open to Canada & US Residents Only