Disclosure: This post is sponsored by College Prep Science.
I have been homeschooling my son for almost a year now, however due to the current situation, I was also tasked with bringing my daughters into homeschooling as well. Because of my experience with my son, I knew where all the best programs were.
But things quickly became difficult once I hit science courses. Because of their complexity and the fact that it’s mostly high school aged kids who need it, this is not really an area where there are a lot of resources. Fortunately, there is a program from College Prep Science to give my kids what they need for science as well.
You’ll enjoy a familiar voice with science, stories, and humor every week, a new home-school moms podcast available every Tuesday morning.
Former college professor, homeschool dad, and home-school science pioneer, Greg Landry, has a new podcast specifically for home-school moms, the Home-school Moms Science Podcast.
The purpose of this podcast to encourage, entertain, and equip home-school moms to teach science (6th – 12th grade) and to make it interesting and enjoyable for students (and mom).
#1 – Intro & She Married Me Anyway
#2 – Sequence & Structure of Home-school Science
#3 – Part 2 – Sequence & Structure of Home-school Science
Professor Landry Will Also Cover:
- Interesting and unique aspects of teaching Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Anatomy & Physiology.
- Teaching science to your children who aren’t going to college or who won’t be college science majors and preparing students for college.
- Preparing students for the ACT
- The ins and outs of creating good lab reports.
From years of teaching university students and homeschooled students, he’ll tell you some great stories (including cadaver lab stories)! And much more.
- Order of middle school and high school science classes
- How to teach science to “non-science” students vs. college-bound science majors.
- What my wife and I learned about getting our home-schooled children through the college experience
- How your children can benefit from daily graphing and how to teach it
- How to write good lab reports and mistakes to avoid
Stories from the Cadaver Lab
- How and why to teach the metric system
- His experience with home-schooler’s as a college professor
- Top home-school science mistakes and how to avoid them
- What you don’t know about college sports scholarships for average home-school athletes
- How to teach cellular respiration
- What my wife and I learned from searching for colleges for our home-schooled daughters
- What your students should know about basic statistics
- Why and how to teach measurement
- Should you take the ACT and SAT?
- How to prepare for each section of the ACT plus much more
Do you have a topic you’d like discussed on the podcast? We’d love to hear from you!
Homeschool dad, scientist, and former college professor, Greg Landry, offers live, online homeschool science classes. Homeschool ACT Prep Bootcamp, the Homeschool Moms Science Podcast, in-person two-day science lab intensives nationwide. Freebies for homeschool moms, and student-produced homeschool print publications.