Fall is in full swing and my family have been enjoying the pumpkin season and sweater weather. So I’m sharing with you these funtreats. They’re so simple to make and are perfect for kids parties and play dates. Kids and adults will love these Chocolate Scarecrow Hats.
- 12 Cupcakes cooked according to package directions
- Homemade or store-bought white frosting
- 12 Candy Corns – one for each cupcake
- 12 Mini fruit chew candies (like Starburst Minis) – one for each cupcake
- 24 Brown candy-coated chocolate candies (like M&Ms) – two for each cupcake
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate sprinkles – makes approximately 12 cupcakes
- 24 Chocolate sugar wafer cookies – two for each cupcake
- Red peel apart candy (like Twizzlers Peel Candy), separated – one unpeeled strand
- 12 teaspoons of coconut flakes, toasted – 1 teaspoon for each cupcake
- 1/4 cup of milk chocolate bark, melted
- Prepare a plate or baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Begin by making the scarecrow hats. Each scarecrow requires two chocolate sugar wafer cookies. Cut one of the wafers (for each scarecrow) to be about 1 inch shorter than the other cookie.
- Using a toothpick, run melted chocolate or almond bark along one side of the shorter cookie. Press the chocolate-lined edge against the longer cookie, centering the shorter cookie.
- Place the cookie hat on the baking sheet. As you press the two cookies together, a line of chocolate will squeeze out. Press one mini fruit chew candy into the middle of the chocolate line.
- Allow hats to set completely at room temperature or place in the refrigerator for faster results.
- Toast the coconut flakes under the broiler of your oven or toaster oven. Stir every 1 to 2 minutes until the coconut has turned a golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Ice each cupcake with frosting. Gently press hat into place. Arrange candy-coated chocolate candies for eyes, candy corn for nose, and a thin strip of red peel apart candy for the mouth. Press coconut along the hairline.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.