Disclosure: This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks-Seeds of Change. All opinions expressed here are my own.
We are well into the summertime and the local temperature has been getting quite high. As a result, in an effort to reduce the heat in the house, I have been trying to find meals that are relatively quick and simple. All while still trying to maintain a standard of at least one warm meal a day.
Recently I was introduced to an incredible quick meal option in Seeds of Change. They offer bags of microwavable or stove-top rice that can quickly be warmed up and ready to eat in no time at all.
I decided to combine together some white tuna, which is another food I am quite fond of, with the Seeds of Change Spanish Rice mix.
I added in some white tortilla shells to create an excellent burrito recipe that tasted great. Just ask my kids because they didn’t leave anything.
White Tuna and Spanish Rice Burritos
- Pkg of large tortillas
- Pkg Seeds of Change Spanish Style Rice
- Tin White Flaked Tuna
- 2 red peppers
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp water
- Add 2 tbsp of water to the pkg of Spanish Rice
- Microwave on High for 90 seconds
- Open and drain a can of white tuna
- Dice 2 red peppers
- Mix rice, peppers and tuna altogether in a small bowl
- Add Salt and Pepper as desired
- Lay out 4 large tortilla shells
- Spoon mix evenly in a line near the middle of each shell.
- Fold each shell at the ends of the line of rice mix, and then roll tortilla tightly.
The quality of food we put in our bodies is important to us, but no matter how dedicated we are to finding organic foods, many of us are strapped for time. Seeds of Change offers the trust of an organic product, combined with the ease of simple-to-prepare instructions. They are the only Certified Organic, ready-to-heat rice and grain brand available in Canada.